Ofsted Report – received January 2023
'Doveridge Primary School continues to be a good school.'
We are very pleased to share with you that following our recent Ofsted Inspection, Doveridge Primary continues to be a ‘Good school’ with a range of strengths including:
- Safeguarding is effective, including pupils feeling safe, that bullying is rare, records are detailed, leaders respond swiftly to any concern raised and that there are clear processes in place which are followed by all staff
- ‘The pastoral support at this school is strong’
- There are many opportunities to support the pupils’ wider personal development
- The implementation of the new Phonics scheme alongside the checks on what pupils have learned, are thorough and detailed
- There is a coherently planned curriculum throughout
- Teachers are ambitious for our pupils – ‘They don’t give up on you and they help you to get it right’
- Pupils behave well in school; they listen to each other respectfully
- Pupils know learning is important and they try their best
- Children get off to a good start in EYFS
During the course of the one-day inspection, the 2 inspectors spoke to the individual leaders for each of the following subjects:
EYFS (including Early Years Reading)
to identify and celebrate our strengths and discuss the areas that as a school were our next steps for development.
Following the inspection and report, our team of leaders will be looking at how we can build on these strengths and review the potential next steps to further improve our pupils’ learning journey at Doveridge Primary School.
Please click here to visit our Ofsted Inspection Reports
Ofsted Inspection 29th November, 2022 Parent Questionnaire
School Inspection - a guide for parents
14 Chapel Green, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 5JY